Star Magnolia on the Easel

Just thought I would post a quick shot of the painting that I have been working on this week...

Its hard to tell from the photo but there is still a lot to be done before this one is completed.

You can see in the last photo that I have added more depth and detail in the above left area.  Before the day was done, I had worked several more areas of the large painting and was ready to head home.

The petals are proving to be the most challenging with all the color variations.  Using acrylic paint which dries quickly is making it especially challenging to get the blending the way I want to paint it.  I might have to try Golden's Open Acryic next painting to see if this will help in this type of blending situation.

I hope to finish this up next week.  After I have spent several days on a painting I'm always ready to move on to the next.  Have a Great Weekend as Spring is finally here!